Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Tomb Raider 2013 Save Game location on Windows

Tomb Raider 2013 Save Game location on Windows

I seriously need your help friends. Its been just 3 hours i have started playing the latest Tomb Raider game. I'm playing this on my old Windows XP computer. It is old but the configuration is quite enough to run such games comfortably (Core i3, 1GB Graphic Card and 2GB DDR3). Something went wrong and my game is just not starting up at all. I dont know what has gone wrong with it suddenly.

No matter i click the desktop icon or try launching it directly from the installation folder, nothing happens. No success even after restarting the system several times. So the final method left for me is to re-install the game and play it again. But as i said i already cleared up about 3 hours of gameplay (which was tough enough :) i dont want to go through the same again.

Hence i though to backup my save games but i'm not able to find it anywhere in My Documents folder. Any idea where does it the Save Game files for Tomb Raider 2013 gets saved? Please let me know soon.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Tomb Raider 2013 Save Game location on Windows

Unless and until someone is already playing the game, i bet no one will be able to tell you the exact save game location for Tomb Raider, neither i because i haven't started playing this version yet. Infact neither have received my copy yet.

The reason for what i said in my first line, is because if we see the track record of Tomb Raider series and the save locations with each titles of this series, you will find different locations for save games every time. For example, you can see the save game directory of last 4 Tomb Raider games:

• Tomb Raider AOD: C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD\SaveGame
    • Tomb Raider Legend: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Tomb Raider - Legend\Saved Games
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Eidos\Tomb Raider - Anniversary\Default Profile
    • Tomb Raider Underworld: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Eidos\Tomb Raider - Underworld

For me personally, this is very irritating. I mean along with the missions in game, we also need to complete a mission seperately on our PCs for searching the save game directory for Tomb Raider.

Anyways. Just check any of these similar directories. I'm sure you will find it. And yeah, Dont forget to share the location with me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    • Tomb Raider AOD: C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD\SaveGame
    • Tomb Raider Legend: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Tomb Raider - Legend\Saved Games
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Eidos\Tomb Raider - Anniversary\Default Profile
    • Tomb Raider Underworld: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Eidos\Tomb Raider - Underworld
    Thank you very much for the effort and helping me ettan. I'll surely check these locations in next few minutes when i reach home and will let you know the results.

Help appreciated.

I guess Ettan was right to some extent but according to me, as this is completely a new series of Tomb Raider, after doing some research on the game and its developers, i strongly guess the saves files should be at one of these locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos Interactive
    Depending on your operating systems, if you dint find the game save games at above directory then simply check any one of these locations:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games

OR

C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files (x86)\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD

Do anyone here have save game file for Tomb Raider ? Can you share with us?

There is one user already posted thread for Tomb Raider Save game

Check here