Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Might & Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness Save Game location

Might & Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness Save Game location

Finally i received my copy of Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness for PC today morning. So far played the game more than 5 hours. I must say the game is very interesting, though this is the very first time i'm playing any game of this series. Actually the problem is today morning when i received the disc, i installed it on my gaming MSI laptop coz i use to do my official work on the desktop computer though its configuration is much higher than the laptop. After playing so far the game started now lagging on the laptop. I have started the laptop several times, disabled antivirus and many more but still it keeps on lagging. I don't know what went wrong suddenly.

Anyways, now what i want to do is removing the game from Laptop and install it on my desktop. I'm sure my desktop will run the game smoothly. But as there use to be the activation key i think i'll need to first uninstall it from laptop and then install it on the desktop. Before i do that i dont want to loose the progress i did from morning. Hence i want to backup the save game files from my laptop and then uninstall the game.

As i said earlier, this is the first time i'm playing the game, can you guys please tell me where does it save the game files on Windows 7 pc? Also if there is any working solution to fix the lagging problem, please let me know that as well.

Thank you all very much.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness Save Game location

Well i am not playing "Shades of Darkness", and neither have played any title of this series except "Might & Magic Heroes VI". And according to that i can say that it should be right under your documents folder because when i played MMH4, it was placed at My Documents > My Games > Heroes of Might and Magic IV > Profiles > folder with user profile name > Saves.

Did you checked this folder? Most probably it should be right there.

Might & Magic Heroes and Ubisoft has always been a twists in terms of save game locations or other game data directories. Hope you guys remember Assassin's Creed 3. It's saves use to be stored under a hidden folder somewhere in %appdata% and same has been with this series as well. I have played all parts / instalments of Might & Magic Heroes and every time found its save games located at different locations. I'm not sure whether it happened with me only or other gamers as well, but i use to get the save files at the following locations respectively:

Documents>> Games>Heroes of Might and Magic V-Tribes of the East>Profiles>(Game User name)>Saves

Computer>Local Disk>Prgram Files(x86)>3DO>Heroes of Might and Magic IV>games

C:>Users>user>>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>ProgramF iles(x86)>GOG.com>HOMM>Games
    As i haven't bought Shades of Darkness yet, i cannot be sure about its actual save game directory but you should check out these directories.I'm sure you will get it at any oneof them.

Regards.

Thanks a lot BadBoy. I'll check them all and will reply back with the results.

Appreciated.