Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Airtel trick of getting 3g speed on 2g internet plan

Airtel trick of getting 3g speed on 2g internet plan

How to get 3G speed on 2G on Airtel internet connection. I had seen some of my friends who are getting really good download speed on their mobile phone. While mine is extremely slow. They are not sharing the secret with me. I search on web and was not able to find out anything but I know that there is some way to get better speed on existing 2G plan. Compare to others I found Airtel a bit more costly in 3G services. And it would be foolish to wait back until the price really falls back.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Airtel trick of getting 3g speed on 2g internet plan

Who told you that? It is not possible to get 3G speed on existing 2G plans. You are going in wrong direction.

Recently I found a java script from web. The script was having settings to increase the bandwidth Airtel connection but somehow it does not work well. I found my phone freezing a lot. Later on I restored the factory settings. I think the issue lies with network connectivity. Contact your isp for the same.

You can do that by adding the proxy settings. I will list you the information here and hope that you can get a decent speed on your mobile phone. It happens that sometime due to low network the internet speed is affected. For that you have to type 173.242.124.71 in the Proxy IP address and set 80 as port number. There is more proxy that you can try. You can go with 203.115.112.5, 203.115.112.27 and 121.241.248.6. In APN do not forget to type airtelgprs.com

There is one trick that you can try. I had used this long before. For that you have to send a sms to 121. Type 3G and send that to 121. This will activate the 3G service and 8 Rs. will be deducted. The day limit for this is 1GB. I had used this sometime ago and it works well for video surfing.

The only requirement for this is that your phone must be 3G compatible.

All those tricks are getting blocked. It is useless. Whatever tricks which are displayed on the web or leaked are blocked by the ISP. Due to which they do not work. I had tried many things but none of them are working. Right now I am using a day play of 3G which is good only for some time. While on my another sim card 2G remains activated.