Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Google play or android market in HCL ME U1 tablet pc

How to install Google play or android market in HCL ME U1 tablet pc

I cannot find Google Play on HCL ME U1. I got this tablet in gift by my uncle. It was with minimum applications. I tried to search store in it but nothing was found. So there is no way to find out application or games for it. My friend gave me some set of downloads which has .apk extension. There were some games that worked fine. I need to find Google Play. Is this available for download anywhere here?.

Re: How to install Google play or android market in HCL ME U1 tablet pc

That is not possible. By default all android tablets comes with Google Play installed on the same. You have to check the same properly. You can find a symbol in the menu of Google Play. Tap on that and you will be on Google Play to download apps. Still if you do not find it I will recommend you to reset your tablet to factory settings and then check back.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I cannot find Google Play on HCL ME U1. I got this tablet in gift by my uncle. It was with minimum applications. I tried to search store in it but nothing was found. So there is no way to find out application or games for it. My friend gave me some set of downloads which has .apk extension. There were some games that worked fine. I need to find Google Play. Is this available for download anywhere here?.
    That’s weird. Even I do not believe that you have a android device that does not come with Google play. You have to check that once again. You can find that under Settings > application. If you are not able to find Google Play or Android Market in that your tablet is rooted. It is running on a customized version of Android OS. I think even it is not possible to uninstall Google Play from this tablet.

I had rooted my tablet and lost many inbuilt application that came with it. So that is a bit annoying to add a custom rom in the same.

Also if you have lost the custom rom then there is no way to get it back. You will need to use it as it is. I will advise you to update your tablet by running some software update and in that it is possible you can find Google Play. While on the web even I cannot find the apk file of Gooogle Play App.

For you I am providing a download link of Google Play. The latest edition of Google Play app that I found is 3.10.10. The link is provided below. You can download this apk file which is in 5.9 MB in size and run in your tablet. It will install the default Google Play Store that you mostly found in all android devices. It is easy to install also. You can keep a backup with you for future reference.

Download Google Play Store 3.10.10 APK