Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 PC Suite free download

Samsung Galaxy S3 PC Suite free download

From where I can download PC suit for Samsung Galaxy S3. I had just purchased the mobile and in the box there is no CD provided which by default many mobile packs have. My friend has purchased a Samsung Galaxy Y Bada edition. He got a CD which has Samsung Kies in it. And as all you are a valve that Galaxy has android then why donít people are making PC suit for it. Many common works like data backup, Internet sharing, etc are not at all possible without PC suit software.

Please help.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 PC Suite free download

Android does not need any PC suit software. It is a complete operating system that works on plug-in play interface. Also you can find tons of free application on Google play that offer you easy and quick data transfer solution. You just have to go on Google play and type data backup or data transfer.

Second thing if you do not want to use any application you can use the internal storage of Galaxy as our removable drive. It is available when you connect the Smartphone with PC using a micro USB cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis View Post
    From where I can download PC suit for Samsung Galaxy S3. I had just purchased the mobile and in the box there is no CD provided which by default many mobile packs have. My friend has purchased a Samsung Galaxy Y Bada edition. He got a CD which has Samsung Kies in it. And as all you are a valve that Galaxy has android then why don’t people are making PC suit for it. Many common works like data backup, Internet sharing, etc are not at all possible without PC suit software.
    It is correct that many android Smartphone does not come with any PC suits software because it is not at all required. When you connect the cable of Galaxy with PC frequency of pop-up menu on the screen that allow you to enable and disable removable drive. This is just like a Pen drive where you can simply copy and paste the data.

While the Bada edition that you are talking about is a different operating system which is not really compatible with Windows or other staff and require a PC suit to communicate.

For sharing Internet on android is android mobile phone there are two options available. First check that your mobile is having a settings for portable Wi-Fi hotspot. Second check that your mobile support USB Tethering. If there is portable mobile Wi-Fi hotspot available then you can simply turn it on and through Wi-Fi you can use the same Internet on your PC. While USB tethering allow you to use the Internet of mobile to PC using the micro-USB cable. I do not think there is any PC suit available for Galaxy S3.

I’m also having a Galaxy phone and I’m quite comfortable using it without any PC suit software. Android in itself is a complete operating system that allows you a plug-in play interface where you can simply move or add your data. Other than these there are tons of application on Google play that allow you to do number of work for example taking backup of your data, taking backup of your internal ROM, backup of your entire contact and SMS, etc. you just have to search with proper keyword on Google Play.