Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Google Play Error -101, unable to download app

Google Play Error -101, unable to download app

I tried to search this error code on Google but dint found it anywhere. So i hope, somebody here can help me out for sure. Yesterday i bought a new Zync Cloud Z5 smartphone with 5inch display. I did all settings and configurations without any problem. Even Internet is working fine as am connected over wifi. But when i tried download whatsapp, facebook and other required applications from the Google Play, it use to give me an error message in the notification bar saying "WhatsApp cannot be downloaded, error -101."

The error appears as soon as i click on Install on Play Store. I tried restarting the device several times, even tried clearing Play Store's data and cache but still no success. Its been 24 hours and am yet not able to install any apps from Play Store. However i'm able to install any applications directly from .apk file.

Somebody please help. :-[

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Google Play Error -101, unable to download app

Hello Buddy,

The solution is quite, dont panic. Just go to Accounts and Settings, select your Google Account and delete it. Now go to Apps and clear Play Sore data. Restart the smartphone. Add your Google account again. Now first launch Gtalk. Let it start properly. once done, open Google Play. You will not get the error anymore.

Regards.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Online View Post
    Hello Buddy,

The solution is quite, dont panic. Just go to Accounts and Settings, select your Google Account and delete it. Now go to Apps and clear Play Sore data. Restart the smartphone. Add your Google account again. Now first launch Gtalk. Let it start properly. once done, open Google Play. You will not get the error anymore.

Regards.
    Thank you very much Online for such great and quick help. That fixed my problem. I can now download all apps without any problem.

You Rock.

Just FYI, may times such problem occurs also when the app is not compatible with the device, or if there is any problem your login credentials. In such cases you will should always open Google Play on your smartphone itself to make sure displayed applications are compatible with your phone. Also try login in with different gmail account to make sure problem is not with your account.

Hi, even i'm looking for a similar help. Not now but most of the times i use to get Error 927 on Play store. I asked many of my Android user friends, none of them have received this error ever on their devices. Also i dint got it ever on my tablet or other devices but only on Galaxy Y Duos.

Can anyone please tell me what is error 927 about and how can i get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Can anyone please tell me what is error 927 about and how can i get rid of it?
    As far as i know, error 927 on Play store is associated with "Package file is invalid". This is not the problem of your mobile, neither Play Store but with that particular applications or its developer. So there is nothing to worry. try downloading other apps, you will not see the problem again. If you need that particular app, download its apk file from any third party website and install it.

Quote Originally Posted by LucilleA View Post
    Thank you very much Online for such great and quick help. That fixed my problem. I can now download all apps without any problem.

You Rock.
    Hey I have the same problem with my phone (LG Optimus Quest) but when I tried to remove my account it tells me a factory reset (delete everything I have on the phone) is the only way to do so. is the some way around this, am i doing something wrong? I have installed/set up a good bit of stuff that I don't want lost. but not being able to use any apps is a big problem when you have a Smartphone too.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Online View Post
    Hello Buddy,

Regards.
    I tried removing my account but it says I can only if i do a factory reset, which i really don't whatta do. is there another way, am I doing something wrong? Thanks

I have never seen any Android phone that tells you to Factory Reset for removing an Account. You might be doing something wrong, i guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by mylife View Post
    I have never seen any Android phone that tells you to Factory Reset for removing an Account. You might be doing something wrong, i guess so.
    thanks well don't know why either (something to do with it being tied to some apps). but after I clear out my caches it work. so I guess i will just let the mystery rest. thanks for your time