Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to add a website on Metro Start Screen of Windows 8

How to add a website on Metro Start Screen of Windows 8

HI,

Iím new to Windows 8, after installing I found it has been changed entirely compared to Windows 7. Microsoft has introduced an entirely new condo GUI which is a bit confusing but also it is very helpful. It took Microsoft is interested more towards creating an interface which offers touch type support. Now I always keep a shortcut of a URL on my desktop.

I want some option or settings that can help me to add the website on the start screen of Windows 8. I tried to find out information in the help and support column but it is somehow not available.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to add a website on Metro Start Screen of Windows 8

It is very easy to do. For that you will need Internet Explorer 10. By default when you upgrade or install Windows did you get Internet Explorer 10. Even if it is not available you can try to add that manually. Now to add a website there are some set of very simple procedure that you have to follow.

• Just open a website and in the Internet Explorer at the lower right side you can see a setting icon click on that.
    • Click on view on the desktop.
    • Now you will be on the desktop and just right click on the URL in taskbar and choose add site to start screen.

Thatís all.

Iím wondering one more thing that in Windows Vista and in Windows 7 Microsoft has provided a sidebar with different widget on it. But now Microsoft has entirely changed the interface and added a start screen with large icons on it. So it is a bit annoying to use and also sometimes Iím very much confused where all my new installation are gone. By default any software can create icon on the text of what many cannot create icon on the start screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Discusser View Post
    I’m wondering one more thing that in Windows Vista and in Windows 7 Microsoft has provided a sidebar with different widget on it. But now Microsoft has entirely changed the interface and added a start screen with large icons on it. So it is a bit annoying to use and also sometimes I’m very much confused where all my new installation are gone. By default any software can create icon on the text of what many cannot create icon on the start screen.
    That is because they are not Windows 8 optimized application. Whatever you install from Windows 8 store all the applications are optimized to work with the new interface and also they create their own icon in the start screen. So to some extent older application will not work properly and also the icon which will be visible on the start screen will be very dull and tiny. The changes made by Microsoft are good but they had introduced it quite early.

According to me Microsoft is just interested in improving the interface of operating system rather making it a more budget operating system and high performance. Today we need the system that can work efficiently and deal with different type of compatibility and virus problem.

At that point Windows XP is one of the best that I had experience and after that my experience with Windows is not so good. So there must be something that Microsoft must do to make Windows a much better operating system.