Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Note 2 Error “Access to the software update is provided to users in order in which they request it"

Note 2 Error “Access to the software update is provided to users in order in which they request it"

I’m using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 since its release. It’s OS and all apps are 100% genuine. I’ve never rooted or tried installing any custom rom on the same. Yesterday I checked for any software update and it said there is an update available. I dint updated because I was out of the WiFi zone. Today at home when I was connected to WiFi I thought to install the update but this time my Note 2 says this:

"Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try later."

You can see the image as well here:

Damn, what is this? I restarted phone twice, even tried reconnecting WiFi and many more but still getting the same error message. Somebody please help me out of this.

Re: Note 2 Error “Access to the software update is provided to users in order in which they request

Usually this error occurs with Jelly Bean update but as Note 2 is already running with Jelly Bean i dont know you received this error. Anyways, the best solution to get rid of this error is to forget OTA update, simply install KIES on your PC, connect the mobile via USB Cable and update the firmware using KIES software.

You will not face anymore problem.

Re: Note 2 Error “Access to the software update is provided to users in order in which they request

Quote Originally Posted by parag View Post
    Anyways, the best solution to get rid of this error is to forget OTA update, simply install KIES on your PC, connect the mobile via USB Cable and update the firmware using KIES software.
    Thats exactly the solution of this error. The error is associated with OTA updates and may be with JellyBean as you said but the solution provided is correct. I faced this error on my Galaxy S3 while trying to update it with JB. Finally was able to install without this error using KIES. However the annoying part with this procedure is KIES takes long time to install itself.