Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: List of Windows 7 widely used keyboard shortcuts

List of Windows 7 widely used keyboard shortcuts

I am going to list some of the most common Windows 7 shortcuts. This are also called as hotkeys or you can say work accelerator. This allows you to work easily and perform a number of operations in much easier way. You can work more easily with menu and run ready to use command to perform a set of action. Now there are number of new hotkeys that many does not knows.

Check the list below:

1. Keys like Right Shift can enable filter keys if hold for some time.
    2. To switch to high contrast mode instantly just press left alt + shift and print screen key.
    3. To turn on sticky key just press the shift key five times.
    4. To run each of access center just press windows key + u.
    5. To check out the properties of selection object just press Alt + Enter.
    6. If you want to view all application in the format they are opened then press Alt + Esc.

Re: List of Windows 7 widely used keyboard shortcuts

Those are bit useful. There are many shortcuts that are still not aware by many. I think working with custom key settings is one of the best way to work with keyboard on windows. I am not able to locate a right tool that can really allow me to create a custom key profile. Like by Press Ctrl + W I want Word to start, in the same way Ctrl + E I want to configure Excel. I am using some tools but they are not at all effect.

I know some keyboard shortcut that work well for Dialog box. Like to move through tab you will need to use Ctrl + Tab. To move backward just add Shift on it. To check out different set of options use Tab.

To select checkboxes you will need to use space key. I took a long time to find out this. But using the space key you can add a tick mark in the check box or simply enable a radio button. Windows help section does not display the full list of all use full commands.

It is not possible all the time you can work with keyboard shortcuts. It will be annoying. I am quiet use to windows logo key. There are many things you can do while for other I prefer to use mouse. Like when press pause button with windows logo key you can find a system property dialog box. And if you want to instantly search a computer on the network you will need to press ctrl + windows key + f. that are all you will be able to locate a computer in the network.

It is right that windows is having a very long list of shortcut keys. I can refer you some remote desktop shortcut that really works and offer you a easy usage.

You can simply use Alt + Page up to switch between programs. To display start menu you have to press Alt + Home key. To open system menu you will have to press Alt + Delete. The shortcut used in remote connection is entirely different compared to what you use on regular windows. ost) program.