Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Valve is planning to release a game guide service named GameFAQ

Valve is planning to release a game guide service named GameFAQ

If you had visited steam website for each game it offer a set of options to find out detail information and screenshots with videos.

Now Valve is planning to start a similar game guide type service which will help the players to collect more and more information and pass complicated levels. I was just going through the website and found an added guide bar that has wiki tab interface where you can create your own walkthrough and submit.

I hope this will not be chargeable and will be loaded with lots of information.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Valve is planning to release a game guide service named GameFAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Saver View Post
    Now Valve is planning to start a similar game guide type service which will help the players to collect more and more information and pass complicated levels. I was just going through the website and found an added guide bar that has wiki tab interface where you can create your own walkthrough and submit.
    This is not a service. It has to be done before. Valve only added an option you can say a type of category to locate user generated walkthroughs. There are many website that offer the same kind of feature. And I think there will be nothing new available in that.

One thing best about Valve website is that it offers detailed screenshot information on new gameplay. I thought that new guide’s category will be loaded with video game guide that can allow us to finish complicated level instantly

It looks that steam is dependent on user generated content on which it is going to provide that feature. This is already done by various gaming website and ample of them offer you free content the Best video game walk-through are being made by prima guide. But they are charging for the same they do not give any guide for free you have to buy a PDF copy for $ 10 or any other price range. But it gives you a detailed manual of videogame that has information from characters to settings and even some cheats. The guide allows you to completely understand your pain.

I think steam wants to create a centralized platform where it can provide all the content related to a single videogame. You can already see the menu which has discussion, screenshot, videos, news and now guide.

So this is not some kind of really beneficial option but it is going to guide user to play game and to share vital information. Already a number of legal community as are giving this entirely for free. So if you do not want to use steam you can stick with other sites or you can simply add this in your database.

It is correct that it is not a feature but a kind of addition that steam must have done a long time before. It is just following other videogame website. Many website has a dedicated page called as wiki page which also includes a text guide of videogame.

The wiki page is a kind of editable page where you can add your own content and submit to the website. The same thing is done on Valve. So we can just get some regular updates and keep stick with the site.