Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Brand new VLC Player for Windows 8 with new features.

Brand new VLC Player for Windows 8 with new features.

Those who are using Windows 8 are going to get an updated version of VLC soon. VLC developers are planning to release a Windows 8 version of VLC. So there can be some nice interface and visual output. Has anyone seen Skype? How it looks. That is an optimized edition for Windows 8 only. A full screen interfaces with clean icons and resemble more like a touch base interface. I had seen some updates on that before, but till yet it is not provided on Windows 8 Store.

Check this Screenshot of the same:

I am keeping a close watch on the same. I think the new VLC version will be better and offers media center type interface.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Brand new VLC Player for Windows 8 with new features.

That is good news for Windows 8 users. I had upgraded to this new OS and quiet satisfied with the performance. It looks Microsoft is using more xml now making a much thinner interface that works smoothly. But still it freezes a lot. I had downloaded some application from Windows Store which are completely optimized and has a new interface.

Many of them work on full screen mode. Windows 8 is changed to a touch based interface which has caused a major drawback in its sales. It is more confusing.

There is additional benefit of VLC on Windows 8. It is not just the optimized edition but a much better on that offer you more smooth performance and better output. The benefit of this new version is that it will give you support for DVD playback and you can also play blu-ray disc on it. This is not provided in its existing edition. There is a requirement behind playing blu ray disc. It should be unencrypted. That means DRM protected disc will not work at any cost. And we can exact some better streaming type features that would allow us to use it in better way.

Surely there will be set of additional format that must work and offer more format output. But that can be provided in existing edition also. Will that edition work on Windows 7 or older version also? If then it is a kind of total loss. If update is provided it must be provided for all Os which makes it more comfortable in usage. I had seen some news that says his new edition can offer video recording support with DLNA client and server integration. So that is the place where it is going to help more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
    Those who are using Windows 8 are going to get an updated version of VLC soon. VLC developers are planning to release a Windows 8 version of VLC. So there can be some nice interface and visual output. Has anyone seen Skype? How it looks. That is an optimized edition for Windows 8 only. A full screen interfaces with clean icons and resemble more like a touch base interface. I had seen some updates on that before, but till yet it is not provided on Windows 8 Store.
    I am having more updates on the same. This new vlc will support smart glass and also media player sync with devices on a local network. Till yet there I no final confirmation on the release of this software but still we can expect it in the next year. VLC is one of the most popular media players available and enhancement in it will make it much more popular.