Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Best Tablet for Kids

Best Tablet for Kids

Tablets are gaining good importance today and I want some models that are best suitable for kids. I want to gift one to my daughter. I saw my friend d using HCL ME. It has a sim slot and it is nice 7 design but it is costly. I a bigger model tablet which around 10 in Micromax is in 2K lesser among. I want some suggestion which one is a good tablet that I can buy and I want a durable device.

My daughter is very naughty and I am sure if the table is not durable it will not last forever a week. I need some nice option with a budget friendly price. I am ready to spend around 15K on it.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Best Tablet for Kids

The most durable tablet according to me is iPad. IT has all those stuff that you need. But on the same hand you cannot just blindly give a tablet to a kid. She will not treat it the way you will. You have to train me how to handle it and it is very nice source learning. iPad is not a budget tablet, but you can have a look on iPad Mini. This tablet is released at a prices range of Rs.20K to 25K and I think in India you can get that easily. If you want to go for cheaper then remove the point of durability and have a look on Galaxy Tab.

It is correct budget tablets are not durable. They can be damaged very easily. The table HCL ME that you are talking was stopped working 2 days after buying. It was having a sim slot and I just inserted that. The tablet freeze and on reboot it just stuck on the boot screen. Compared to that going for a 7 tablet is much better.

There are many brands that come in that price range. I think you can look under Micromax, iBall, etc. There are many Indian brands that offer you a cheaper alternative. Tablet by wishtel are like use and throw you can give that.

Go for funbook. It is one of the best budget tablets available. There are two size variation available that. One is 7 and other on is 10. The price lies between Rs.7K to Rs.10K. You just need to take care while using it. You can buy a good case for the table and I think that will give more durable. If you can just stretch your budget to 20K then you have a look on Zync Z999 Plus. It has a 1.5 GHz of processor and 512MB RAM. Two cameras and prices lies around Rs.12000

There is one more manufacture that we are missing and it delivers a nice tablet. It is called as iBerry. The tablet model provided by it is Auxus AX02.

This tablet offers 1.5Ghz processor and 512MB ram with 7 screen. The tablet is good enough to deal with performance and output. I will recommend you to go with the tables that can offer you a good internal storage space. At the price of Rs. 10,000 the 10inch Micromax Funbook offers you 8GB internal storage. It is one of the best tablets that is available and works really well for all purpose.

Well last week we got two new Tablets dedicated for kids. They are good in specs and affordable as well. I'm talking about Swipe Junior and HCL ME Champ tablets. Lets have a look at their specification lists:

Swipe Junior specifications:
    • Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
    • 7-inch capacitive 5-point multi-touch display
    • 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
    • 1 GHz processor and 512MB of RAM
    • 2 megapixel rear camera
    • 0.3 megapixel front-facing camera
    • 3G (via Dongle), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    • 4GB internal memory , expandable upto 32GB using microSD
    • 3000 mAh battery

HCL ME Champ:
    • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
    • 7-inch multi-touch capacitive display
    • 800 x 480 pixels resolution
    • 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, 1GB DDR3 RAM with Mali-400 GPU
    • 2 megapixel rear camera
    • 0.3 megapixel front-facing camera
    • 3G (via Dongle), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Mini HDMI
    • 8GB internal memory , expandable upto 32GB using microSD
    • 3100mAh Li-Polymer Battery

There are few more tablet launches recently dedicated for Kids. Guys willing to buy a tablet for their children can also have a look at these:

LeapPad 2 specifications:
    • 5-inch touch screen display with stylus
    • Dual camera (Rear as well as Front facing)
    • LF 2000 processor
    • 4GB internal memory
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life
    • Built-in Applications for kids: Photo Lab, Art Studio, Pet Pad, LeapFrog Learning Songs, etc
    • Price: Rs. 11, 999

Binatone App Star tablet:
    • 7-inch touch screen display
    • Separate 'APP STAR' mode and 'Parent' mode.
    • Wi-Fi connectivity
    • Upto 5 hours of battery life
    • Rear Camera
    • Built-in fun games, educational apps, art studios, e-books, audio-books
    • Price: Rs 9,999

Here is one more addition to this list of Kids tablet from Metis Learning. They launched today an Android based tablet named "Metis Eddy" for kids learning purpose. The tablet offers Violence free & parent controlled environment for kids safety along with time management and Multiple profiles feature so that your kid always remains safe and away from in-appropriate content. Coming to the specs, Metis Eddy seems quite good in processing power as well. Let's have a look:

Metis Eddy tablet specifications:

• Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
    • 7 inch 5 point multi-touch screen display
    • 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
    • 1.6 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor
    • 1GB RAM
    • 2 Megapixel rear camera
    • 0.3 Megapixel front-facing camera
    • 3G (via dongle),WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, mini HDMI out, USB OTG
    • 8GB internal storage, and expandable upto 32GB using microSD
    • 3200 mAh battery

kunalmothe

Hello,
    In 15K you will best of best children tablet for your daughter check on ebay