Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: main menu option in micromax smarty trouble shooting

main menu option in micromax smarty trouble shooting

the main menu in the main screen of my micromax smarty got changed and i am having the email icon in its place and i am unable to view or use the main menu. what should i do to revert it, please help

Re: main menu option in micromax smarty trouble shooting

I have a bit confusion. What exactly do you mean by saying "the main menu in the main screen" ?? Are you talking about the ICON on the home screen or the MENU BUTTON of your mobile phone?

If any one of that is changed, you can atleast access the menu from the second one, right? Why dont you use this "second" menu button/icon and go to settings and change the icon. If you are not able to change it then simply reset the device. Problem will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrdivya View Post
    the main menu in the main screen of my micromax smarty got changed and i am having the email icon in its place and i am unable to view or use the main menu. what should i do to revert it, please help
    i mean the icon in the home screen and there is no other option to access the main menu, there is no specific button to access the menu, the central button in the phone , which is the only button shows only the recent used icons, how can i get back my main menu icon. please help

Well than the only method i think left is hard rest from the recovery mode. In order to do this, turn off your phone, Press and hold key combination of Home + Volume + Power key fro about 15 seconds or until you see the micromax logo. This will bring you in recovery mode. Scroll using volume keys and select "Wipe Data/Factory reset". This will delete all data on your phone and reset the device to its factory settings. Once done, again scroll up and select "Reboot system now". Thats it, now your phone should be at the stage when you start it for the first time.

Note: Buttons for entering in recovery mode differs model to model. So if "Home + Volume + Power key" wont work, try other combinations but note Volume and Power key are used for sure.