Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing Jelly Bean (JellyBlast) on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – Step By step guide

Installing Jelly Bean (JellyBlast) on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – Step By step guide

Samsung Galaxy Y is the entry level Android smartphone and one of the best budget phone in Samsung Android devices. We already posted tips for installing NextToICSROM (Custom ICS ROM) and Aura (ICS Custom Rom) on Galaxy Y S5360, today we are going to show you how you can install latest Android version “Jelly Bean” via Custom ROM called “JellyBlast.”

Just checkout how your Samsung Galaxy S looks with this new Jelly Bean based Custom ROM:

Pre-requirements:

There are few important stuffs you need to take care before installing Custom ROM on any device. Here are few of them.
    Download JellyBlast (JB) Custom ROM from here.

• Make sure your mobile’s battery is charged atleast 70%, it should not get empty during the process as it may brick the device if got shutdown due to battery.
    • And the most important thing, you should be aware that doing this will break your device’s warranty.
    • Note: The guide provided below is 100% correct and works but we are not responsible for any thing (if) goes wrong with your smartphone.

OK, so if you are ready with all above points, lets start the installation process of JellyBlast on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360:
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Re: Installing Jelly Bean (JellyBlast) on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – Step By step guide

Rooting Galaxy Y:

In order to install this Custom ROM your device must be rooted. If your mobile is not already rooted, you can follow the steps provided in the following URL: Easiest Method to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. Rooting is also very crucial so don’t make any mistake and follow the steps properly.

Installing ClockworkMod on Galaxy Y:

This is another important thing you need to do on your mobile if you already don’t have CWM installed. ClockworkMod is required to boot the device with the new kernel which we install during the JellyBlast installation. So make sure you have CWM recovery installed on the phone. If you don’t know how to do the same, follow these steps:

• Download the CWM file from here. Its just 1.4 MB in size.
    • Transfer it to your mobile SD Card’s root directory via USB cable.
    • Turn off Mobile and Press+Hold Power + Home + Volume Up button simultaneously. Hold them for about 10 to 15 seconds until you see the logo.
    • Now scroll with volume up/down buttons and select “update zip from SD card” option.
    • Browse and select the download CWM file.
    • Wait for few seconds and you are done.
    • Now we are ready to start JellyBlast.

Installing JellyBlast (JellyBean) Custom Rom:

Once you are ready with Root Process and CWM Recovery, also make sure that your phone is on Stock kernel (factory version). Now follow the below steps.

• If you have any second partition on your mobile, just format the same and delete a2sd or data2sd.
    • Now Copy Paste the JellyBlast Custom Rom file into your phone’s SDCard. Make sure to put it in Sd card’s root directory so that it can accessed easily during recovery. (Downloaded in Pre-requirements section above).
    • Now turn off your mobile and press+hold Power+Home+Volume key to boot into CWM recovery mode.
    • Scroll with volume keys and click on Wipe data and cache
    • Scroll again and wipe Dalvik cache.
    • Now select “Install Sip from SD Card”
    • Browse and select “JELLYBLAST V3.signed.zip” from SD card.
    • [li]Wait for few minutes and let the ROM install. Once installed you will see confirmation message on your screen about the same.
    • Once done, go back to main recovery page and select Reboot.

That’s it. You have successfully installed Jelly Bean based JellyBlast Custom Rom on your Galaxy Y S5360. The first boot will take some time to initialize the new rom, so don’t panic.

Enjoy !!
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Re: Installing Jelly Bean (JellyBlast) on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – Step By step guide

Thats a great news and obviously a great and simple procedure for getting JB on Galaxy Y. Thank you very much. I would also to say the people who willing to install ICS (if in case they dont want JB) can get the step by step procedure and required files download here.

Thats really very impressive, thank you very much for the share "Online" and obviously thanks to CyanogenMod guys for making it possible on the device where i never hoped to get Jelly bean. Infact i never thought i will be able to get any higher Android system than gingerbread.

Anyways, i would like to know whether i can install this Jelly Bean Mod on my Funbook as well. Is it possible or is there any similar alternative mode for Micromax Funbook as well? Thanks again for your helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Maavalan22 View Post
    Anyways, i would like to know whether i can install this Jelly Bean Mod on my Funbook as well. Is it possible or is there any similar alternative mode for Micromax Funbook as well? Thanks again for your helps.
    Hello Maavalan22, Yes, it is now possible to experience Jelly Bean on Micromax Funbook also. We have recently tested a Jelly Bean based Custom Cyanogenmod ROM on Funbook and it is working great. If you want to install the same, you can get the step by step process and required download files from here

Enjoy, and let us know if you have any doubt. Regards.

Hey guys, for those who willing to see the Video Tutorial of installing Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360, can watch the below Video. I just installed the same on my Galaxy Y and it is working fine. Have a look:

The process provided by Online above are absolutely correct and very simple. I dint faced any problem during the procedure. My device is working far better than before with various improvements in performance. You can see my device info below:

Thank you very much for Video Saanz. That made the tutorial much easier. Appreciated.

when installation finished, the start up image came and it had been stuck...
    i removed my battery and started my mobile, but again it is showing that start up image only..
    i cannot get the recovery option also to restart the installation,,,,
    plz anybody help me guys....
    give me a better suggestion plzzzzzzz..
    thanks in advance.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vinay.teja21 View Post
    when installation finished, the start up image came and it had been stuck...
    i removed my battery and started my mobile, but again it is showing that start up image only..
    i cannot get the recovery option also to restart the installation,,,,
    There is nothing to worry friend. Even mine was stuck at the logo in first attempt. What you need to is simply restart the installation and follow the rest of the process.

As far as recovery option is concerned, you just need to shut down the mobile, and press Home + Volume up + Power key. Hold the keys for about seconds until you get into recovery mode.

Great tutorial "Online". It was really very helpful. Thanks for sharing in such a simple words with Video Tutorial.

Appreciated.