Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Useless hotkey system

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Useless hotkey system

In spite of it you are using Keyboard and mouse or else a 360 controller have the same precise thing happens through both intended for the record I am making make use of of a 360 controller. I am not capable to appreciate that what is the point to the hotkey system when you will be capable to merely get a onetime make use of out of it? For instance, I will insert an axe and bow to the favorites menu, I will then push and clutch Left on the D-pad on the controller to hotkey the Axe and it shows 1. subsequently to it on the left of the manuscript demonstrate up after that to it indicate I have hotkeys the Axe to the left directional on the D-Pad. I after that grasp right on the D-pad to hotkey the bow.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Useless hotkey system

I am established with your estimation. I am saying this for the cause that if I pause the game and when I acquire back into the game I press Left on the D-Pad and My nature Switches to the axe I had hotkeyed, then i press Right on the D-Pad and my character switches to the bow I had hotkeyed. So far as probable this is what is made-up to happen. On the other hand now when I press either left or right on the D-PAD neither one of those items is capable to be switched to any more using the d-pad. I factually have to go back into the favorites display and re-hotkey those comparable substances in order to be capable to switch to them once more. So once more this is the dumbest thing in this game. There is no point in having a hotkey system you be able to only make use of once they by no means should have built-in this game mechanic in this circumstance.

It happens if you have multiples of the identical items. For instance, if you have 2 of the identical bows and you hotkey it to 1, after using the hotkey once it'll "not remember" it. This is error

I have just experienced the "multi item" glitch. This is operational fine for my preliminary starting bow, which I'd managed to gather three of, nevertheless now I've got more than a few "Hunting Bows" my hot key 3 loses its setting. All further items and magic are still functioning on the other hand. So, yes, there is an odd glitch here nevertheless I don't experience it for each item.

I am also agreeing with this. I am playing this on the 360 and have also established when equipping torches or shields this seems to deselect hot-keys. This is extremely frustrating and jarring game play. The duel wield mechanic is all messed up. If we abandon a few bugs then I will be capable to say that the game is enormous. The 1-8 hotkeys work fine for me. Doesn't mean I don't locate it without cause awkward in the way they've set it up, nevertheless it works without bugs.

I cannot appreciate that what the trouble in your case is. For me, this is functioning actually immense. I found that extremely useful while playing the game.

I don’t imagine that the hotkey system in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is ineffective. Nevertheless still there are some of the people who are thinking the similar and if you also imagine the same then why are you using that. If you don’t like that then the easy thing that you will be capable to do is not to make use of that.

Identical here. Having multiples of an item will cause you to misplace your hotkey after one use. I positively hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon. It's ludicrous to force yourself to have only one item if you desire to keep the others to put up for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
    Identical here. Having multiples of an item will cause you to misplace your hotkey after one use. I positively hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon. It's ludicrous to force yourself to have only one item if you desire to keep the others to put up for sale!
    Even I have established this bug to be caused by having more than 1 of the identical weapon in your inventory. To resolve this bug you have to only have 1 of the weapon you are binding in your inventory, and the keybind will stay.