Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Assassinís Creed 3 CRC error message, solution?

Assassinís Creed 3 CRC error message, solution?

Today itself i received my copy of Assassin's Creed 3. It is the DVD version, not the downloaded one. When i try to install the game i received an error message saying similar to "CRC Error." I have never heard about this ever before, neither found on web any AC3 gamer facing this problem. So is it just me? BTW what is CRC?

How can fix it and install my game? Somebody please help. :-[

Re: Assassinís Creed 3 CRC error message, solution?

CRC error is not common error hence you dint found anyone else with this. And the reason behind it is because it is related with your DVD. For your information, CRC stands for 'cyclic redundancy check' and this occurs when operating system faces some problem copying files from your DVD to system. I hope you might be aware when this problem occurs, obviously when your DVD is faulty. So you can check it by running the DVD on any other computer or laptop and see if the same problem occurs. If yes, then you will need to get the replacement from the vendor from where you bought the same. Dont worry, if the dvd is really faulty (as you already tested) you will get the replacement.

Re: Assassinís Creed 3 CRC error message, solution?

desidude was correct. But CRC errors are not just related to faulty DVD, it also occurs with downloaded media. Actually the main cause of error is missing files that is required by the system. So if it is with your DVD, you should try cleaning it with soft cloth or cotton and try again. And if it occurs with downloaded media file, the probably download will be corrupt and can be fixed by re-downloading.

Some times CRC also occurs after installation but before running the game or programs. In such cases just make sure to run the game/application as an Administartor and also ensure it is allowed in the system's firewall.