Hello Friends. I was doing some searches on web today morning regarding the latest hit from Activision “Assassin’s Creed 3” and found many users facing lots of error messages such as msvcr71.dll, msvcr100.dll, unable to install, cannot load the game, few are facing freezing problem at various point of the game, someone’s game is freezing while loading save game, many are facing Crash to Desktop problem, whereas many are facing Poor FPS issues. So I thought to make a Troubleshooting guide for Assassin’s Creed 3 so that those gamers can enjoy the game with full enjoy. So lets start:
As we always say, the very first thing we need to check in order to get rid of these problems is our System Configuration. See whether it meets the minimum system requirements of the game as mentioned by the developer. Here are the same:
AC3 Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz OR AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB GDDR3 OR AMD Radeon HD 3870
- DirectX: DirectX 10
- HDD Space: 17 GB
AC3 Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6400 2.13GHz OR AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 OR AMD Radeon HD 5770 512MB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 17 GB
If your system meets above mentioned requirements then lets troubleshoot each and every problems individually.
Assassin’s Screed 3 Crash and CTD Solution:
Most of the time it is the game itself which comes with few bugs that cause the crash and many times it use to be our system which causes these problems. If it is related to the game, developer will surely launch some patches to fix it but we have to first make sure it there is not the problem from our end itself. Hence, follow the below steps:
- The very first thing to fix Crash or CTD is to update our graphics driver. Just visit nVidia Official site, enter your OS version, select graphic card, download and install the drivers. If you are using AMD/ATI drivers, then do the same on their official website.
- If updating the drivers wont fix than probably you might need to roll back to earlier drivers. It has been observed that rolling back to driver 301.42 and 306.23 has helped many to get rid of Crash as well as improved performance.
- Also many times it could be your Antivirus and Firewall that can make it crash. So, if you are facing Crash problems with Assassin’s creed 3 and your Antivirus is enabled, try disabling the same. Especially when you have Norton Antivirus installed.
- Most of the crashes with games are associated with Video Cards itself, hence if still you face Crash with the game, then you should try Turning Off SLI / Crossfire, disable anti-aliasing and filtering, disabled V-sync and then restart the game again.
- If still the Crash or CTD occurs, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. You can download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
- Until now your crash problem should have been fixed. In case, it is still crashing then there might be some program running in background that is causing the problem. Just right click your task bar, select Task Manager, click on Process Tab and kill every unwanted process that is not required during playing Assassin’s creed 3.
- Also open your graphic cards control panel and turn off one GPU. Yes, run the game on only One GPU. You can also try out running the game in Windows Mode. This will surely fix the Crash problem because if trying above all steps wont work that means your system is not compatible for running AC3 and running in windowed mode will need very less resources which enable you to play the game comfortably.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Crashes on Steam:
Many users around the world also playing Assassin’s creed 3 on steam and they also face Crash problems. If you are one of them, then just follow below steps to fix it:
- Launch Steam on your computer.
- Go to Library and select Assassin’s Creed 3.
- Right click and select Properties. Click on the Local files tab.
- Here you will find a button for “Verify integrity of game cache.”
- Click the same and wait for few minutes until the job is done.
- Once completed, start the game again. Hopefully Crash problem will be gone.
Assassin’s Creed 3 CTD (Crashes to Desktop) on Steam and Windows while launching:
No matter you are playing this on local Windows computer or on Steam, is the game is crashing right when you double click the Game desktop shortcut icon, then try launching the game from its originally installed location.
- On Windows 7, Go to Program Files > Ubisoft > Assassin’s Creed 3> and right click the AC3 EXE file, select “Run as Administrator”
- On Steam for 32bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ and Right click AC3 EXE file, select “Run as Administrator”
- On Steam for 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ and Right click AC3 EXE file, select “Run as Administrator”
- If still the game is crashing to Desktop while launching from the Desktop than try running the game in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode. You can do this by right clicking the EXE file, select Properties, click Compatibility Tab and select “Run this game in compatibility mode for” and select Windows XP SP3.