Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3 save game location on XP and win 7

Assassin's Creed 3 save game location on XP and win 7

Hey gamers, i'm in need of some urgent help from you all. I started paying AC3 today on my MSI laptop. After playing it for 3 to 4 hours, suddenly my game started lagging and freezing. I quit and restarted the game several times and every time it runs fine for about 10 minutes and start lagging again. I tried lowering graphic settings but yet no success. Even updating the graphic drivers doesn't seems to be working.

So i am going to un install this game from my laptop and will install it on my gaming PC. But the thing i'm concerned is i dont want to play it again from the beginning and hence want to move my save games from the laptop which is running with Windows 7 to my desktop which is having Windows XP. I tried searching my saves but dont know where is it located and with what name.

So can anyone from here please tell me where the save game files for AC3 is located on both Windows 7 and Windows XP? Thanks for help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 save game location on XP and win 7

Well, i have played all earlier titles of Assassin's Screed but haven't started AC3. Infact i have not ordered it yet. So i dont know where exactly the save game directory for this game is located but as far as i have the experienced with this series, the save directories should be located at any of these locations:

On Windows 7:
    C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Storage\backup
    C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assas sin's Creed 3\Saved Games.
    C:\Users\<user_name>\Saved Games\Assassins Creed 3\Saved
    On Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 3\Saved
    Just check this location, you should get your save files right any of these locations. if not, reply back. I guess few of my friends are playing the same, i'll ask them and let you know.

Thanks and appreciated your help buddy. Will check it and let you know in few hours. Keep rocking

Thank you for the location newway01. By the way, is there any Save game file available for PC version of this game?

If yes, please let me know where. I badly need the same. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Astor View Post
    Thank you for the location newway01. By the way, is there any Save game file available for PC version of this game?

If yes, please let me know where. I badly need the same. Thank you in advance.
    Yeah sure, they have the files available in other discussion. You can download the same from here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...Download<br />. There are save files attached for Xbox and PC version.

Hey, how do I install the saves without them being labeled as damaged saves? I'm on the pre-ordered Ubisoft digital download and lost my save that was way ahead, around sequence 5 with nearly all homestead missions done, all peg leg trinkets found except the ones in New York and whatnot. I'm gonna be ticked if I have to start all over again because the game rejects any attempt of me using another save instead of starting from the beginning.

Even i've seen many guys facing this "Damaged"; save problem. It seems like most of the Assassin's Creed 3 copies wont accept downloaded saves. Anyways, did you tried replacing the save files with the same name? I mean, first backup your original save files, move it somewhere on desktop. Now download the game saves from here, name them exactly like your original save files have and paste them in your save directory. Now try loading the game again and see if it works.

Hey guys, I have completed my AC3 finally on PC and sharing the save files here. You can download the one from last post of this thread or click directly here

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Astor View Post
    Even i've seen many guys facing this "Damaged" save problem. It seems like most of the Assassin's Creed 3 copies wont accept downloaded saves. Anyways, did you tried replacing the save files with the same name? I mean, first backup your original save files, move it somewhere on desktop. Now download the game saves from here, name them exactly like your original save files have and paste them in your save directory. Now try loading the game again and see if it works.
    The files in question were just called 1.Save and 1.Save.Metadata. I don't recall there being anything else for a name there. What confused me is that all the saves had a save three with a third file called 3.Save.Save, and I had no clue why that was there, but I can poke around at my new save and the ones you have and see. Mine were in my win 7 x64, C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\3b61106d-6212-4a0f-a6d7-147278850d0f\54 location with just a "1.Save";, and a 1.Save.Metadata, as said before, just being confirmed.

Just another thought, do you know what names were used for the sequences. This time I used Desmond, but are all the downloaded saves that for simplicity? That could be part of the possible issue at hand.

i tryd to find it in a few locations and nothing

help plz