Hello Friends, we got very good response from our all members for every Troubleshooting Guide I made in the past for various games as listed here, so I thought to make one more today for current most played video game, Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Hope you will like it too.
Because of being a large and High End video game, its obvious to get few problems like poor FPS, lag, crash to desktop etc.. with Black Ops 2 as well. But don’t worry, there are solutions for everything. But before we start hardcore troubleshooting on those problems, you should first ensure that your gaming computers meets atleast the minimum system requirements of the game, which is as follows:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 32bit
- CPU: Intel Celeron E1200 Dual-Core 1.6GHz OR AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 48 Shaders OR AMD Radeon HD 4650 1GB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 10 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz OR AMD Athlon II X3 415e
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 OR AMD Radeon HD 4850x2
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 10 GB
Black Ops 2 Crash or CTD Fix:
There could be many reasons for various types of crashes such as Crash to desktop, crash during gameplay, crash when clicking Play button, Crash during launching the game, etc. So depending on the type of crash, you can follow the solutions given below:
- If your game is crashing during the startup or launching the game, the very first thing you need to check is you have the system requirements mentioned above. If it is OK, then probably your graphic card’s drivers are out of date. Just visit the official manufacturer’s websites and download the drivers. For reference, you can click here to download nVidia Drivers and if it is AMD/ATI cards, click here for the drivers.
- Second most probable cause of game crash use to be your Antivirus or Security programs. You should always keep them turned off (especially if it is Norton) while launching the game. If you feel any risk, you can turn on antivirus after the game is started properly. If you are playing Black Ops 2 on Windows 7 or Vista, make sure Windows Defender is disabled.
- While playing the game on Steam it is recommended to keep your Antivirus and security programs disabled to experience the better game play without errors.
- If still you are facing the Crash then you will need to Turn Off SLI / Crossfire, disable V-sync, anti-aliasing and filtering and restart the game. Also I will suggest you to go to your Graphic Card’s control Panel and turn off one GPU. Yes, try running the game on only one GPU.
- Another possible cause that can crash the game is any background process eating up huge amount of CPU resources. You can check this in Task Manager. Better I suggest to kill all unwanted processes before starting the game. Just open Task Manager by right clicking the Task bar or pressing Ctrl+ Alt +Del keys, Click Process Tab, right click all unwanted process one by one and select Kill.
- Another possible cause for game crash can be out dated DirectX. So along with updating the system and graphics drivers, don’t forget to update the DirectX as well. You can download latest DirectX from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downl....aspx?id=17431.
Black Ops 2 Crash related to Graphic Cards:
Many times your graphic card settings could be the reason of crashes. In such cases, you can go through the below steps:
- ATI/AMD Cards: Many times it has been observed that Catalyst Control Center interferes with Radeon cards performance. So just open card control panel and uninstall Catalyst Control Center. Once done, restart the game.
- nVidia Cards: Here you need to do a change in 3D settings that may fix the problem. Just open nVidia Control Panel, click 3D settings and set Turn On the “Threaded Optimization”. Now restart the game.