Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: The Sims 3: Seasons save game location on Windows and Mac

The Sims 3: Seasons save game location on Windows and Mac

Hi, now a days me and my friend are busy with the brand new ea game “The Sims 3: Seasons”. I was playing it on Windows 7 64 bit PC and due to some problem my system got crashed and I need to restore the system that deleted my files and folders saved on C drive. Whereas my friend is playing this on his MAC OS system. So I was thinking to use his save files on my windows and continue the game instead of starting it from start. So I have three questions here:

• Can I get his save games file work on my windows 7 system with or without tweaking?

• Where is the Sims 3 Seasons save game location on Windows 7?

• Where is the save game location for the same in Mac systems?

Thank you very much for all your helps.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: The Sims 3: Seasons save game location on Windows and Mac

On windows, game saves for Sims 3 Seasons are saved at the following location:

On Windows XP:
    C:\....\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3 seasons\Saves

On Vista and Windows 7:
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3 seasons\Saves

By the way what makes you think that you can use MAC OS save files on Windows? I mean, you just cannot even use Xbox save games on Windows computers though both are Microsoft Products then how can you think of using Apple’s files on windows? It is just impossible. Either you need to play the game from beginning again or download save files from somewhere for windows and load it on your game.

As far as MAC OS save game location is concerned, sorry I don’t have any idea as I’ve never used Mac systems.

First of all there is no way you can utilize your friends save game files on windows, that is completely not compatible. But if you still wanna give it try, then you can get his save files at the following location on Mac:

Finder > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Seasons > Saves
    For more instance on how to reach that locations, here it is. Start by clicking the ‘Finder’ icon on your doc. Under Finder folder, click on Documents folder. Here you will find Electronic Arts folder, open the same and click Sims 3 seasons folder. Here you will see a folder named “Saves”. All save files are stored under this. If you can to copy this, simply press 'Command/Apple' and 'C' keys and replace C key with V to save it on your pen drive or any external drive to move it on your windows pc.

Quote Originally Posted by SachinG View Post
    It is just impossible. Either you need to play the game from beginning again or download save files from somewhere for windows and load it on your game.
    I appreciate all your helps guys, thank you very much. But that is really a bad news for me.

BTW, as you said i can load the game from any save game download, can you please tell me from where can i get the same? Is it somewhere available on this forum?