Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: HTC Windows Phone 8X VS HTC 8S VS Nokia Lumia 920

HTC Windows Phone 8X VS HTC 8S VS Nokia Lumia 920

Hello friends. Today i got the news about upcoming Windows Phone 8 based HTC smartphone named HTC 8X and HTC 8S. Though they seem ok description provided, the best think i loved about these phones is their colors. According to me HTC has introduced completely new colors in smartphones. The best i like is the red and blue colors. Anyways, as my title suggests, i was planning to buy a new smartphone in this coming week. Hence i was searching for few options and i came to through these phones.

Before coming to this, Offcourse, Lumia 920 was the first option for me but after seeing these phones i'm confused. Can you guys just compare these three devices and let me know which one would be best as the first Windows Phone 8 phone for a guy? I just want the comparison with features and durability, price doesn't matters lot.

Thank you in advance guys.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: HTC Windows Phone 8X VS HTC 8S VS Nokia Lumia 920

It will be very difficult to compare HTS 8S or 8X so early with Lumia 820 because we have seen Lumia series performance and they are really good but we donít know how durable do these HTC devices going to be because they are yet to come. But from another way, if I need to vote, Iíll surely vote for Lumia 920 because they have proved that they are good in performance, durability and all with Windows Phone whereas HTC is no doubt very good with Android operating system, HTC One X for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Before coming to this, Offcourse, Lumia 920 was the first option for me but after seeing these phones i'm confused. Can you guys just compare these three devices and let me know which one would be best as the first Windows Phone 8 phone for a guy? I just want the comparison with features and durability, price doesn't matters lot.
    If you are comparing HTC Windows Phones 8 with Lumia 920 then first of all remove HTC 8S from the comparison because it is a Mid Range windows phone and far away in the comparison with Lumia 920.

However we can compare HTC 8X with Lumia 920. Both of these smarthones are very similar in the specs, such as both comes with 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel camera, WiFi, Bluetooth and all. Very similar.

The only difference between both these devices are price, battery and storage capacity. Whereas Lumia 920 offers 32GB built-in storage (no expandable slot), HTC 8X offers just 16GB storage (no expandable slot). As far as battery is concerned HTC 8X is running with 1800 mAh Li-ion whereas Lumia 920 is powered by 2,000mAh battery with integrated Qi wireless charging.

And if talk about price, then Lumia is bit costlier compared to HTC windows phone 8x but you are getting something extra with it too.

Thanks a lot for such a great comparison Hacker. Thatís exactly I wanted to know and you have explained it in such a simple language. Appreciated. By the way, if we compare them with the price then which will be better according to their features? It will be good if you can also provide the complete list of specifications for all these devices.

Regards.

Talking about Prices, HTC 8X will be priced around 35000/- in India whereas Lumia 920 will cost about 40000/-. But if we understood the details posted above by Hacker, it is very clear that thought Lumia cost you just five thousand more, but it provides you 32GB storage compared to HTCís 16GB, integrated Qi wireless charging which is absent in HTC and many more such features.

So, though Lumia is costlier, if I had to buy one Windows Phone, I would have definitely gone with Nokia Lumia over HTC 8X.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    It will be good if you can also provide the complete list of specifications for all these devices.
    OK, here are the specifications of all three phones, buddy:

Lumia 920 Specifications:

• 4.5-inch (1280 ◊ 768 pixels)Pure Motion HD+ IPS capacitive touch screen display
    • 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
    • Windows Phone 8 OS
    • 8MP camera with LED Flash, optical imaging stabilization and Carl Zeiss optics, 1080p HD video recording 1.2MP 720p HD front-facing camera
    • 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.1, GPS / aGPS, NFC
    • 1GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
    • 2,000mAh battery with integrated Qi wireless charging

HTC 8X Specifications:

• Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system
    • 4.3" Super LCD 2 screen with 720p screen protected by Gorilla Glass 2.
    • Qualcomm Snapdradon S4 chipset (1.5 GHz dual-core CPU)
    • 1 GB of RAM.
    • Adreno 225 GPU
    • 8 mp autofocus camera with LED flash.
    • Camera Features: BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture, 28 mm lens.
    • 2.1 mp wide angle (88į) front facing camera.
    • Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS (GLONASS).
    • Internal storage: 16 GB, No MicroSD card slot.
    • G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor.
    • 1800 mAh Li-ion battery.

HTC 8S Specifications:

• Windows Phone 8 operating system
    • 4" super LCD touch screen with Gorilla Glass protection.
    • Qualcomm S4 1 GHz dual-core processor
    • 512 MB of RAM.
    • Adreno 225 GPU
    • 4GB Internal Storage, expandable upto 32GB
    • 5 mp autofocus camera with LED flash.
    • 1700mAh rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter