Thread: S Pen not working on Galaxy Note 2 with Custom ROM

S Pen not working on Galaxy Note 2 with Custom ROM

Last month I bought a Galaxy Note 2 , I was very excited and really enjoyed using it, especially because of the new S-Pen and its features. Last week one of my friends suggested testing a custom ROM and seeing how it works on Note 2. We also done this with all our earlier android devices and all have been successful. And so we rooted the Note 2 as well and installed a Custom ROM without thinking anything about S-Pen.

It was my mistake. I dint even thought if the Custom ROM may affect spen functionality or not. Thought the installation was fine but now my S-Pen doesnít work anymore. I tried restarting device several times but there seems no chance to make it work with S-Pen.

Can any smartphone techie here suggest me what to do? Do anyone of you using Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 2 with Spen?

Re: S Pen not working on Galaxy Note 2 with Custom ROM

Galaxy Note is quite pretty, sufficient, beautiful, and powerful enough with the default ROM and user interface but still I donít understand why people want to install Custom ROM on it. It is already packed with features of the brand new Jelly Bean, you donít really need to root or put any other third party ROM. It is just the waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Amos View Post
    It was my mistake. I dint even thought if the Custom ROM may affect spen functionality or not. Thought the installation was fine but now my S-Pen doesn’t work anymore. I tried restarting device several times but there seems no chance to make it work with S-Pen.
    Yeah, you really made a mistake. Anyways, let me tell you that S-Pen is designed to work only with Samsung TouchWiz. If your custom ROM is having TouchWiz than only the S-Pen will work. You should always first read the entire description of any custom rom you going to install on your devices. BTW, which ROM have you installed in your Note 2? Just mention it here so that other users get to know that they wont install it on their phone.

Yeah, thatís correct. Samsungís new S-Pen only works with the custom Roms based only on Touchwiz framework. But I donít think you need any custom rom for Note 2, it is best in itself.

Also remember that S-Pen also wont work with any third party launcher program.