Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: Nexus 7 vs iPad Mini

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Apple iPad Mini vs Google Nexus 7 comparison

Apple iPad Mini vs Google Nexus 7 comparison

So Apple is just about to launch the new product of their brand, iPad Mini. As I'm an Apple user (currently using iPhone 5), i would like to go for the iPad Mini because it seems in the budget, unlike iPad 3 starting range. Talking about budget, i saw the price of iPad Mini in news article of this website that says "iPad Mini (8GB) Wi-Fi - (Dollar: 324, Rupees: 17,140)". Well this would be the best for me.

Now as i wanted to have a good tablet in range of 18K to 20K, first i thought to go with Google Nexus 7 but after hearing about iPad Mini, its not getting difficult to decide which one would be better as both of them are same in size, storage and even price.

Can you guys please post few comparison stuffs between both these Tabs and help me deciding the best ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Apple iPad Mini vs Google Nexus 7 comparison

Well if you really want to compare both of these devices, i will say it is very difficult to do. Apple, since start, is well know for the hardwares they make. Whether it is Macbook, iMac, iPod, iPad or iPhone, they have provided us very very good gadgets but at the same time they are very costly too. On the other hand, Nexus 7 or Google is very good for the software "Android". Thought iOS brought us completely new era of UI but Android is providing us the same at very cheaper cost.

Also not just about the devices, if you buy any gadget, specially a tablet, you obviously need to have applications on it, and when you talk about applications, i dont think iTunes, or Ovi, or BB World has as many apps as Android offers for free. So, if i would have to choose, i would have chosen Nexus 7.

If we just talk about their screens, I think Google Nexus is better in that.

Whereas Nexus 7 offers 7-inches Capacitive Multi-touch display with 1280 x 800 pixels and 216 ppi pixel density, Apple iPad Mini offers 7.85 inches Capacitive Multi-touch display with 1024 x 768 pixels and 163 ppi pixel density.

Also where iPad Mini glass is just Light sensor and Proximity sensor, Nexus 7 was came with Light sensor, Proximity sensor and Scratch-resistant glass.

I donít know what you guys are comparing. I have been Apple user since long time though it is so costly just because they offer durable and genuine products. I donít say Google Nexus 7 was not good,it is obvious better than millions of tablets we used before and after its launch but still iPad mini is going to be a great hit in the 7 to 10-inch tablet market.

Lets have a look on their specs one by one:

CPU:

• Nexus 7: nVidia Tegra 3, a quad-core chip with 12-core GPU.
    • iPad Mini: Apple's own A5 processor

Storage:

• Nexus 7: 8GB and 16GB
    • iPad Mini: 8GB,16GB, 32GB and 64GB

Camera:

• Nexus 7: Only 1.3 Front Facing Camera
    • iPad Mini: Not sure but it is going to have Primary as well as Front facing camera both.

Price:

• Nexus 7: Launched for 18,000/- in India for 8GB Variant
    • iPad Mini: According to the leaked prices, it will be launched for the same price (17,500/-) in India for 8GB Variant