Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Dishonored Save Game location or directory on Windows

Dishonored Save Game location or directory on Windows

Hello Friends, i just joined this forum because found it pretty useful for Gamers. Now a days am playing Dishonored on my gaming PC with Windows 7, Core i3, Nvidia GeForce GT 240, 4GB RAM. Now dont know how my PC got a malware or kind of virus that turned all my folders into shortcut (probably doubt my younger bro who always connect usb drive). And now i need to format my entire PC to re-install windows. Here the only thing am aware is losing the save games for Dishonored that i have completed so far.

I tried to find it out under My Documents, appdata folder, installation folder but dint found it anywhere. Can any one here please tell me where is the save game files located in Windows 7 ? Thanks a lot for all your helps.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

zeddo

Re: Dishonored Save Game location or directory on Windows

Hello Hutch, welcome buddy.

Talking about Dishonored, am not playing this game (due to some official projects but will put my hands on it soon) hence dont know where exactly it saves should be. But as i have played Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Bethesda had chosen "C:\Users\zedd\Documents\My Games\" for saving the game. So, on the same logic, as the developer is same for Dishonored as well, i think the game should be saved in the same location as well. Just check if you find any folder named for Dishonored under My Games folder.

Thanks a lot for your welcome and quick reply Zeddo. I have already checked that folder, as it use to be the default for most of the video games, but the save files for dishonored are not saved in that location this time. Hence i'm asking here. Any another location you can guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I tried to find it out under My Documents, appdata folder, installation folder but dint found it anywhere. Can any one here please tell me where is the save game files located in Windows 7 ? Thanks a lot for all your helps.
    Hi mate, i dont know how you checked the Appdata folder and dont know why your saves games are not listed over there. Because as per my searches on web for the same, i came to know that the Dishonored saves the game files under C:\Users\Username\AppData folder. It should be there itself.

Just make sure make your Windows Explorer to show Hidden Files and folders and then check by going to organizer > View tab. Or you can also directly type "%appdata%" without quotes in the Start > Run box.

You are correct mankind, the save game location for Dishonored is C:\Users\Username\AppData. But i have seen many gamers facing problem searching for the same and after doing some R7D it appears like gamers will need to restart the game once again and need to make a SAVE manually for creating the save folder under AppData for Dishonored. i also found few guys saying that you can also make the directory by making some changes in game settings.

Am not sure about this but you can just give a try once. Let me know or confirm by replying here so that other people can also get aware of the same.

Thanks a lot for your useful suggestion Gamer, really appreciated. But i have small doubt on the same. I read somewhere that Dishonored saves the game automatically when we reach any checkpoint. As of now am on mission two and have completed several checkpoints but still there is no savegame or any folder named Dishonored created under my appdata folder. Does that means the game isnot getting saved automatically ? Do i need to save the game manually every time ?

You are half correct G-One. First when you reach any checkpoint the game saves itself at this stage. And if you are in between of the checkpoints, I mean not reached the checkpoint and youi need to save the game, then you need to save it manually at this point. This will overwrite your last save game file and if you quit here and launch the game then the game will continue from this point itself. But as you said you already completed such a long journey and there is yet no save file than I think there is some problem with your save system. We need to find It out.

Quote Originally Posted by G-One View Post
    Does that means the game isnot getting saved automatically ? Do i need to save the game manually every time ?
    I think i figured out the problem with the saves. The information I got so far on web regarding this, it appears like Dishonored will not start saving your game until you save the game for the first time MANUALLY. Yeah, you need to save it manually once at any stage you are, thereafter when you will reach any checkpoint, it will save the game automatically.

Thats was a cool solution buddy, you were right. We need to save it once manually to make it work automatically. I saved it once and now my save files getting updated with every checkpoint.

Thanks and keep Rocking.