Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Rebind keys to the Numpad

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Rebind keys to the Numpad

How to rebind my keys to the Numpad? When I inquire for the capability to rebind my keys to the Numpad. This should not have been overlooked, and I'm shocked that not a solitary alpha/beta tester did not bring this simple to fix trouble to the dev team. I beg you to fix this game flouting fault. I'm too old to relearn a new-fangled input setup for my right hand. I either play with the Numpad or I don't play.

In current memory I cannot believe of a game that did not permit the Numpad to be used. I request either a fix in game, where I will be capable to traditionally remap keys with ease or a more complex set of directions so that I might manually edit the essential files to play the game consequently. if anybody has any idea about this than please help me.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Rebind keys to the Numpad

This is actually amateur boundary design fault. I have more than a hundred games and none of them lock out usually used interface keys. WASD is more ordinary that number-key-centric schemes but it isn't the only way. This is a severe displeasure, the controls are essentially crippled for you and me and a lot like us.

I was about to write precisely the identical thing. “All the buttons will be able to be remapped so you can turn over them like that if you desire”, it seems that it's too much to inquire on PC. It's not probable for me to play with WASD. I always make use of the Numpad in every game i play. Please fix this or provide us with a way to modify the key mapping. I actually desire to play Skyrim, nevertheless right now i just can't.

I establish a folder known ControlMap_Custom. This is a text file with 1 line of WingDing-like symbols. There doesn't come into view to be everything useful for now. If i find a explanation elsewhere, I will post my findings. I ask that anyone else who locate anything that can help to do the same.

If you hit Escape when binding a key, you are locked out of the main menu. Rebooting does nothing, defaults button when I was in it designed for that one preliminary time did nothing, and I don't observe a keybinds file in sight that isn't in broken wing dings font. I just required acquiring this noticed elsewhere and observing if anybody else is having this issue as well.

I would actually like to avoid using autohotkey. It modifies the key bindings in the registry, thus making the Numpad inoperable outside the game. arrange for one to go back to default key mappings, they must reboot their PC. For instance, the "KP_5" key is remapped to "W" key. I make use of my computer for work utilize as well, so having a Numpad where each key is altered to a letter key will not work.

I necessitate the Numpad for rapid number entries in excel as well as other software linked with how I make a living. By using autohotkey, one would be permissible to make use of the Numpad technically, but the Numpad will be a mish-mosh of useless keys outside of Skyrim. in addition, every key bind I make use of for every other game I play (quite a few) would have to be reconfigured to convince Skyrim. To ask me to reconfigure my hotkeys for each game I play besides Skyrim to facilitate the Numpad in game is a high order. If you do not make use of the Numpad in any way exterior of gaming, then autohotkey will work.

I would like to add my left-handed voice to speak .give pleasure to take the doubts off the numeric keypad numerals. I don't want to hex-edit. I don't want to make use of a third party application. I desire to have the identical alternative and keybinds I had in Oblivion. This is not a minute matter to lefties. Next time, a left-handed beta-tester or 10 might help you out with this sort of thing.

An additional request for keybinds to Numpad. I'm in doubt this is lacking. Back in '94 when Bethesda released Arena, the Numpad was as ubiquitous, almost certainly more so than WSAD for gaming. While it’s been mysteriously shunned in the past decade, any PC game should support navigation > interaction via WSAD and NUMPAD. Numpad caters enhanced to left handers, to many experienced person gamers and those are more comfortable with the layout or prefer a more unite interface where one doesn't have to divide their hands at least a foot and a half.

You won’t bind any actions to keys 1 through 8 of the Numpad, in spite of of whether NumLock is on or off. The game say, "Key is held in reserve". Most probably for hotkeys, in view of the fact that it's only 1 through 8; 9 and 0 are still available. I will be capable to perceive what you were thinking, Bethesda, but, you just royally borked the keybind penchant of legions of left handed players by making this so, and it seems that a few righties as well.