Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android malware PlaceRaider spying through our mobile camera

Android malware PlaceRaider spying through our mobile camera

Do not install PlaceRaider application in your android device. This is a kind of new android malware that has spread in many devices. It has been notified in news a number of times. The application works on its own. It captures photos, combine them and put them on the web. The app is capable of capturing photos of important document, and the user is not at all aware about the same. Some hackers are using these too collect images from world by distributing the app. See an example here:

zeddo

Re: Android malware PlaceRaider spying through our mobile camera

Thanks for sharing this useful info mate. That is really weird. This looks to be the first kind of application that capture image and make this kind of stuff. After reading this I went on Google to find more information on the same. I found that this app contains a trojan which is capable of using users camera for capturing photos and sent to online server quietly.

In this way tons of information can be leaked and people would never get aware about the same. One thing you must remember whenever using this kind of app is does not allow them permission to take control of your device.

Now we might be able to see a more number of threats. There are reported news that Android is one of the most un-secure platform. There are tons of malware waiting. This malware are distributed in the form of applications. Once they entered your system then manipulate the data and sensitive information. I think compared to that Blackberry is far more secure. For business purpose Android phone is not at all recommended due to all this kind of vulnerability.

That looks some kind of advance virus which is causing the issue. And I am bit shock to find the malware is capable of uploading pictures on the centre server without users consent.

I had seen some news and detailed articles that gives a glimpse of how this malware actually works. But somehow there must be way which would block this kind of things on Google Play.