Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Whatsapp messenger for Nokia Asha Touch series

Whatsapp messenger for Nokia Asha Touch series

Hello techies, as i have already mentioned in my title,i am seeking for WhatsApp messenger for my brand new Asha touch smartphones. I recently bought Asha 306 and Asha 311 (one for my bro and one for my sister). They love touch phones and i dont think there was any other alternative instead of these 2 phones in touch, budget and with great features.

Now as we all know whatsapp is the most used messenger today i was trying to install one i downloaded from here. This worked perfectly in my Asha 200 but that was qwerty phone, hence i have doubt if the same will work on the above mentioned touch phones. To be frank i dont want to install it without confirmation because the applications leave some files on the phones though the installation gets failed. And if i got some working one, it will conflict with those left over files, right?

So, i request you guys to please provide me a download link for whatsapp that will work on my Nokia Asha 306 and 311 Touch Phones. Thank you for your helps.

Re: Whatsapp messenger for Nokia Asha Touch series

Hi Faiz, first of all let me tell you that applications are usually made depending on the operating systems and not on qwerty or touch base. Developers design their apps systematically so that it will formed in the situation depending on touch or key based phones. I mean, the same app setup will work as QWERTY as well as on touch phones. There is no applications that is made individually for touch and other phones, neither in Nokia, iOS or Android. They transform themselves according to the hardware.

Now as far as download is concerned, Asha qwert and Asha touch both are running with the same operating system, that is Symbian 40. Hence you can install the one that worked for you on Asha. Or download the one from the attachment below.

Let me know if you face any problem. Regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats absolutely correct techno. Faiz you can install the applications made for S40 that worked on your Asha 200 on any S40 touch series phone. It will work comfortably. You just need to make sure to do the following settings:

• Open Application Manager
    • Go to Settings
    • Make 'Software Installation' to "All"
    • Change 'Online Certificate Check' to "Off".

Now start the installation. It works.

You can also try out Ovi Store. There is a WhatsApp app for S40 series. Just put your Mobile model number, i.e. 306 or 311 and see if it shows you compatible. You can get the same from here http://store.ovi.com/content/172049

it always say its not compatible with asha 200.. the one of 1.82 mb says invalid application..

pls help ..

zeddo

There are very less chances of working these apps on all S40 series. we'll need to find out another setup file for your Nokia Asha 200.

but there is nothing like application manager and settings in my nokia 200 asha... pls is mine fake?

All Nokia mobiles use to have a folder named application manager or Installations. See it should be there?

yes please,application is there then after i click on it,it shows "my applications" after which it shows memory card,nokia,converter and some other applications but no settings so when i click options, i see downloads,memory card options,details ,types of view, sort, application settings, add folder,memory status,search and mark....

Does the above attach file works on Nokia Asha 308 as well? I'm having 308, dint found whatsapp on Nokia Ovi Store as well.

I really need whatsapp for this device. Please help.