Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: According to you will Tablets take place of smartphones?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Can tablets replace mobile phone in future?

Can tablets replace mobile phone in future?

As I can see a tons of cheap and costly tablets released in the market with many features. It is taking the place of mobile devices slowly. For example Samsung galaxy tab. it has sim based feature which is really very comfortable for calling. You can simply pair the same with a Bluetooth headset and that's all. It acts as your mobile or portable pc.

So i have a question about this. What do you think, will these Tablets kill mobile phones in coming future ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Can tablets replace mobile phone in future?

Yes, i think that is possible. Tablets can replace mobile in future due to some new features. Pc type abilities offers more feature and a better options. You can surf and even play games. You can connect with other laptops through various applications. Android has made this possible. There are tons of mobile platform before, but they had not worked well as android does.

Quote Originally Posted by newway01 View Post
    Yes, i think that is possible. Tablets can replace mobile in future due to some new features. Pc type abilities offers more feature and a better options. You can surf and even play games. You can connect with other laptops through various applications. Android has made this possible. There are tons of mobile platform before, but they had not worked well as android does.
    No that is not right. Mobile phones are kind of different devices. You cannot carry a tablet anywhere. It is bigger in size and has lower battery performance. It is also bit irritating to carry and use it while calling. They are best recommended for travelling to quickly access data. But for serious work you cannot rely on them. You had seen recently the smartphones are getting more developed with better hardware and storage.

I own a smartphone with 8GB internal storage and 1Ghz processor. So compared to that it is bit complicated to carry iPad.

Smartphones which are just a future edition of mobile phone offer you advance features and it is portable to carry. Compared to tablet they are still more portable and easy to use. Tablets can never take place of smartphone.